L

L

Saturday 27 June 2015

Simple quietude

Many an evening latterly has been spent in simple quietude, my lady guardian working upon a knitted garment and my male guardian in the restorative pages of a well penned tomb. The glorious sounds of summer birds and my brothers most gentlest of purrs breaking the silence. The why's and wherefore of family relationships have been the topic on many an occasion this last week. Harper Lee could not have been more right when she stated " you can choose your friends but you sho' can't choose your family". Alas, some families are the modicum of decorum and delight that one could only wish for, whilst others quite frankly are beyond comprehension. H Jackson Brown commented that " good manners sometimes simply means putting up with other people's bad manners". Alas, many a family has the proverbial skeleton in the cupboard which is apt to raise its head at times of stress.

For my brother and I, the human forms of death and dying appear so much more complex in my guardians world. Alas, we can but comfort them in the hour of their need (although my brother reminds me, this really should not coincide with ones mealtimes, which he would indeed find most distressing)

No comments:

Post a Comment