L

L

Sunday 28 June 2015

Pesky critters.....

Oh, my, my dear friends such news! There has been great delight this year thus far in the bountiful produce from the shared kitchen garden but my, oh my, such calamity. Why there have been not one but several pesky creatures availing themselves of this most delectable of foodstuffs. Mr's Mole, Blackbird, Badger and Squirrel, stand up and be counted. Well, our male guardian in law reminds one of Mr MacGregor faced with Peter Rabbit, such is his determination to stem the tide. Boundaries have been walked, calculations made and this very weekend my lady guardian was summoned to take part in the erection of the kitchen garden defences. Through the mid day sun and beyond they have toiled to erect a most sturdy of fences to protect against marauders. Under the guidance of our male guardian in law the defences have grown. Woe betide the creature bent on breaking through; you have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment