L

L

Sunday 7 September 2014

Such joy....

Such joy, dear readers, the work is complete and a return to the peaceful haven my dear brother requires. Why, he has been at his wits end the last few weeks such has been the intensity of the restoration. It is, however, complete and my brother is restored to his normal good humour. As is custom for the man of the house, he made a detailed inspection of the work. Once again, one must comment upon the high standards of both gentlemen involved in the works; the carpenter and fitter are both of integrity which shows in the quality of their craftmanship. The windows are clad in a fine and becoming shade of gentlest blue externally and a fine fresh white on the inside. My guardians are much delighted. It has to be said however that the male of the species finds such invasion in to their private domain a sore trial. My female guardian and I have made every effort to make this invasion more tolerable. It has to be said, dear friends, it is quite exhausting maintaing such a stance for all concerned; why my female guardian and I were quite outnumbered by the male of the species.

Nevertheless, we are weather proof for the next season and the house is clad in its new becoming shade. My brother returns to his quiet good humour and his amenable character has been restored once more. Such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment