L

L

Saturday 6 September 2014

Restoration...

It has come to my attention that my sister and I have been somewhat tardy in the minutiae regarding our circumstances, for which I proffer my profuse apologies. Most ungentlemanly.

As you know, we are descended from a long line of Maine Coons, the lines of our heritage being of a reputable pedigree, of which we are most proud but, of course, one rarely discusses these things in polite society, does one? We were most fortunate that our guardians came in to our lives at a time when my sister and I were in an hour of need and kindly took it upon themselves to offer us a most comfortable home on their modest estate. We are most fortunate that they are indeed kindly souls.

The estate, as I have noted, is a modest one but entirely suited to  the needs of our homely quartet, set in the countryside of the South West of England. We reside in an old home that our guardians, true to their personal integrity, have taken on and slowly improved upon in a style that is suited to this old building. Much care and attention has been taken to source quality trades people. It is exactly this that has been currently underway; our residence has required the renewal of  ALL of the windows. Dear reader, I cannot begin to recount the upheaval this requires to every, yes EVERY, room. The gentleman undertaking this refitting has been quite delightful in the care and attention taken with such consideration. As one knows, such a person is a rare commodity indeed and one worth investing in. Alas, the work is yet to be finished but it will be undertaken to a high standard that will, my guardian reassures me, be worth the upheaval. I do believe that my delicate ears may never recover from the noise BUT the weather can be quite inclement during the winter months, lashing our home with the elements, therefore it is utterly necessary for the home to be restored to its former glory. We will of course reap the benefit through a draft free home that is warm, comfortable and inviting during the colder months, for which I am eternally grateful.

Added to my guardians list of estate requirements is the suitable coating of said windows, to maintain the weatherproofing. A haven for us all worth preserving or, in the words of Charles Dickens "Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration".

No comments:

Post a Comment