L

L

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Light refreshment....

Such bliss to walk in summer rain for 'tis, on the whole, warm, light and refreshing. One really did enjoy one's homeward bound journey today for, after such scorching temperatures of late, it was indeed a delight to march along whilst receiving a gentle warm shower of summer rain. We have been most fortunate, my dears, to have had a number of bursts of rain today and oh, how the garden has absorbed it. The temperature remains warm and the forecast consistently positive but a little respite for the garden is a must. Added to this was the drop in temperature last night as a preamble to the main event today. Oh, how blissful it was to finally be able to sleep, such delightful comfortable sleep. How we do so enjoy that gloriously satisfying deep sleep, leaving one refreshed and able to face the day with a spring once more in the step. High temperatures for prolonged periods really are quite exhausting, particularly in a country such as dear old Blighty, that really is not used to it. One can only hope that the overnight temperature remains conducive to another night's restful slumber.

It ''twas whilst out and about with my sewing bee friends recently that one espied oneself in a mirror in the fabric retail establishment we were visiting. It has to be said dear souls, I was fair astonished to see that one had acquired a healthy light tan, much to my amazement. Being a fair skinned redhead, one generally does not tan, merely acquires freckles with a decent coating of factor 50 sunscreen atop for good measure. But lo, before me, staring back in quite an astonished manner was my very own tanned face. The hilarity that ensued at the dawning realisation really was quite amusing. I have however been making my daily walk for well over a year now and feel so much happier and healthier for it. Not only has it benefitted one's pocket, but one's mental and physical health too, therefore what is not to like. Walking really is a most advantageous and enjoyable pastime. The weather has not deterred me bar one day in winter when the snow and ice abound; I stepped upon a very icy surface indeed, ending up flat on my back, teeth jarring together when I received a mighty head butt from the piece of ground I was walking upon. The stars and flashing lights went on for a few days accompanied by an almighty headache. That day I was most grateful for the transportation I received to my professional toil. 'Tas not, however, my dears, deterred me and I remain a fervent supporter of such a simple and enjoyable form of exercise. All the better to enjoy the glorious countryside we are most fortunate to reside in.

No comments:

Post a Comment