L

L

Sunday 12 November 2017

Oh my, my......

My dears, I really am beside myself with shock. You may indeed ask why and, dear souls, if you had not noted it yourself, I will tell. Yester morn, the male guardian and I spent some time talking to the darling twin sister and her male guardian via the electronic technology (a most ingenious device, but that is another subject) and a fly away comment did make me start for, dear souls, 'tis but six weeks this very day til Christmas Eve. Why, I felt quite a frission of shock for t'as fair crept up' on me, stealthily below my festive radar and, one has to admit, momentarily, put me in a spin. Thankfully, dear souls, one is not apt to allow such a state to linger being more of a practical soul. Now that my dear parents are no longer here, and the family range far and wide, ''tis more a time to enjoy one's own traditions, give thanks for health and peace, giving to those less fortunate and enjoy some local celebratory rituals. I am a firm believer in the handwriting of festive cards, chosen for the recipients and sent in good time. There is nought so delightful than receiving a handwritten missive to make one feel a warm glow, most welcome in some of the more draughty establishments of my country friends and relatives. 

Christmas is, as is today, a time for remembrance, today being Rememberance Sunday, of those loved ones no longer with us. A time to remember the joys and sadness but to remember those who have gone before us, for there, dear souls, by the grace of god go we when ''tis our time. Take a moment today, especially, to remember, for remembrance is what keeps them alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment