L

L

Monday 11 April 2016

Relationships

Relationships, are they not the most fascinating of things, my dears? I do find the intricacies of a relationship most informative and, indeed intriguing. What is it that lays the foundation for a person's interaction with others? Is it within their very make up, is it learnt behaviour; from the environment we exist in, or one's mental ability to understand and process what happens to us and what goes on around us? Or is it purely based on a primeval instinct to survive, to chop and change to match the situation.
I have to confess, like my dear late brother, I am an ardent people watcher. Such a fascinating subject with never ending potentials. I have quietly observed, and reflected upon, the happenings within our lives over the last six months. I am never surprised by humanity nor the complexity of the lives they live, how lives are interwoven and relationships created or broken in the blink of an eye. As in the words of Confucius "life is really simple but we insist on making it complicated."  However, the words of Maya Angelou resonate "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel."
I am fortunate to have a relationship with my guardian's that is warm and makes me feel safe. Their love for me is consistent, understanding that whilst I may change, our relationship does not. I am, dear friends, a most fortunate individual, to be on the receiving end of such unconditional love, even, it has to be said, despite my habit of sitting on my lady guardian's pillow and grooming her. Yes, I am an early bird, but one must ensure one's family are presentable, even if this means a grooming session at four in the morning. 
Do you not agree? 

No comments:

Post a Comment