L

L

Sunday 13 December 2015

Christmas preparations and calamity...

Well, dear souls, the count down to Christmas, the most joyful of celebrations, has begun. Once more my guardians have embarked upon the gathering of small tokens destined for family members. The Christmas cards bound for Australia and America are wending their way across the seas as I write, as do many a greeting bound for various counties within the United Kingdom. I do believe there is nothing more delightful to receive than a hand written card, notelet nor letter. Whilst my guardians and I have fully embraced the electronic correspondence, the warm feelings that one experiences on receiving a hand written missive cannot be dismissed. I do so hope you have sent yours with love and affection to those in your hearts and minds.

Serious consideration has duly been given to the festive feast with many discussions undertaken. The garden has been surveyed for suitable greenery and a small Christmas tree purchased. My lady guardian has this very day fashioned a suitable wreath to adorn the entrance to our home on this small estate, gathered from the garden, red bows become the small bays trees atop the steps to the front door. Paper cut snowflakes fashioned for all to enjoy. Oh the joy of simple country adornments.

Calamity struck this evening however; my mistress had completed her self determined tasks for the day and was enjoying a light repast of home made soup. As she ate she felt what she believed to be a small stone or some such article in her mouth. Alas, dear reader, no for my mistress, on investigation, revealed a portion of tooth that had broken free from a molar. Oh dear, dear me. My poor lady guardian is naught feared of much bar the dentist who she must now throw herself upon their mercy once more. On the morrow she must enquire of the availability of an appointment and trust that her courteous, gentleman dentist does take pity on her. A most anxious evening and night will be spent in fearful anticipation. I know you will wish, as I do, for a speedy conclusion to this sorry tale for my lady guardians sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment