L

L

Sunday 30 August 2015

As I write this.......

As I write this missive, my brother is ensconsed upon the garden bench enjoying the fresh smells of a rain drenched garden. He continues to hold his own, enjoy his food and slowly potters about the sanctuary garden. Much care and attention is paid to his every requirement, even the addition of midnight snacks on demand.

Much to my consternation, my brothers requirement of regular meals and snacks has had a somewhat alarming result on my own physique. I perhaps carry the, ahem, odd pound more than I did. Alas, one simply must be the perfect hostess therefore I am required to join my brother at meal and snack times, to keep him company, you understand. Dear friends, this is of no consequence in the face of my brothers health and I will bear it stoically, as does he.

The sanctuary garden is looking particularly delightful,  for my guardians toiled long and hard yester morn and afternoon to bring the boundaries and hedgerows to their current crisp state in preparation for autumn. My lady guardian was particularly delighted with a most useful piece of machinery light enough for her to wield throughout the day without the requirement of my male guardians might for assistance that he had purchased for her. Thus they were employed in joint toil mowing and trimming the sanctuary garden in to its current fine state for the delectation of my brother as he enjoys the air. Long may he do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment