L

L

Saturday 2 August 2014

Upon my word..........

Upon my word, it has to be said that my sister has quite out done herself these last few days; why she does quite exhaust me, such is her vivacity for life (although, dear friends, there are times when one could describe it less kindly, it has to be said!).

Firstly, she has been most tenacious in her bid to re-home the many daughters of our dear friends, Mr & Mrs Coney. Alas, we are at our wits end with these efforts. On the Sabbath, she did appear with the last of the Coneys kit's. Well, this young kit was most voiciferous in its protestations, screaming and sqeaking for all to hear. It was only the swift intervention of our guardians, with a most firm hand, it has to be said, that made it possible to return this young thing whence it came. Much to my sister's annoyance it was happy to be set free to return whence it came and ne'ary a backward glance did it make. One can imagine, I presume, the high dudgeon this ellicited from my sister - one takes ones life in ones hands to cross a female intent on a good deed, as I am sure many of my learned male readers will attest. Dear reader, I kept a low profile for a number of hours thereafter such was my desire to avoid the wrath of my dear sister.


This was not however the last of her escapades that very day, oh no. In a fit of pique, she stormed from the estate and sat upon the carriage way. Despite repeated warnings, she ignored my misgivings at the danger of such a place.
Well, upon the carriage way both a velocipede and a motorised carriage did arrive at the same time. My sister, who has never had the best of sense on a carriage way, dashed partly across to remove herself from danger but taking fright dithered mid point and returned whence she came. Well you can imagine the chaos that ensued and in her fright she ran straight in to the path of the velocipede. Oh dear reader, the calamity. Why the poor dear gentleman upon this stead lost his seat and tumbled forth to the ground, having attempted to steer away from my sister but only managing to run over her. My sister, in fright, ran from the scene and could not be found. Oh my, the woe and angst that ensued for all concerned. The poor gentleman was most concerned with my sisters well being, my guardians concerned for both parties and the melee had brought forth my guardians relatives from their estate to alert us to the situation. My guardians and I can only thank the gentleman on the velocipede for his gentle, kindly understanding of the situation.  Why, he would not even rest a while with my guardians once he was reassured for my sisters well being, before wishing us a kind adieu and continuing on his way. A most noble gentleman and, thankfully, unhurt despite his tumble.
 
My sister, for her part, was to be found upon the estate adjusting her attire and smoothing away any debris. She would not discuss the incident but, it has to be said, thankfully unhurt, spent the rest of the day close to home enjoying the summer weather, if not a little exhausted from her escapades that day. Dear reader, I, on the other hand, was quite exhausted by the "excitement" of the day and spent the rest of the day quietly in the orchard enjoying the peace this afforded.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment